Does this chick need help hatching?

MMF

Hatching
May 9, 2022
Hello! This our first time hatching. Today is day 23. We had 2 chicks hatch yesterday afternoon and 2 early this morning. All seem to be doing well. Two more have pipped but one chick pipped on the side of the egg. She hasn't made any progress since last night (about 14 hours now). We can see her beak and one closed eye. It seems she is done absorbing the yolk as she only opens/closes her mouth very infrequently now. She chirps a little when we chirp at her. She looks to be breathing okay. She isn't making any attempt to progress that we've seen, no struggling that we've seen. I've read the hatching assist articles that are linked in other threads, so based on that it seems it's okay to give her up to 30+ hours, but I just want to run it by someone. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_113005799.jpg
    IMG_20220510_113005799.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 14
Last night we helped it finish zipping and moistened the membrane that had dried around its face. We put in back in the incubator overnight and early this morning it still hadn't made any progress so we helped it out of the membrane. It was stuck in the in-egg position for a while, but has since stretched out though its legs/feet are still not fully stretched out. It's moving around the incubator some and seems to be doing okay, but definitely not as strong as the others. There is one other newly hatched chick in with it. When it's dried off more I'll try to feed it some egg yoke. Happy to hear any further suggestions. Thanks :)

Last night we helped it finish zipping and moistened the membrane that had dried around its face. We put in back in the incubator overnight and early this morning it still hadn't made any progress so we helped it out of the membrane. It was stuck in the in-egg position for a while, but has since stretched out though its legs/feet are still not fully stretched out. It's moving around the incubator some and seems to be doing okay, but definitely not as strong as the others. There is one other newly hatched chick in with it. When it's dried off more I'll try to feed it some egg yoke. Happy to hear any further suggestions. Thanks :)
I have one that pipped 24 hrs ago as well… everyone is telling me to NOT open the incubator for any reason- how many days need to pass before i know if it will make it after two teenie holes?
77% humidity 37.8 Celcius
On day 30 now first duckling came out at 29 days after 11 hours of pipping

Back
Top Bottom