Does this count?

I want in! I have three hens and a rooster. Except if I get more, could I just be an honorary retiree instead of getting kicked out?
big_smile.png

I began with 3 chickens. A neighbor that used to live in my street would let his chickens roam the streets, so we'd often find dead chicks early in the year. In mid March we found 2 chicks hiding in our front yard one Friday night. A week or so later another wounded chick got into our back yard and was screaming its tiny lungs out.

Then a couple of months later, a lady I know was looking for people who would like to adopt the extra cockerels she got this year, they were aobut the same age as my chickes, so I got my light brahma cockerel.

A few months later my brother-in-law saw a barred rock hen in the feed store that somebody surrendered while we were buying food. He bougt her.

Some time later we caught one of the stray hens that were left behind when the neighbor moved away (working on catching the other 2).

Then my brother-in-law saw this cute white leghorn pullet at the store about 6 weeks ago... now we have 7 XD.

Just wait and see, your duo will multiply when you least expect it >.>.

I play world of warcraft and when the first 4 pullets were mystery chickies, they'd peep so much and complain in their box (I had them in my room so I could keep an eye on them), that I ended up putting them on my lap. At 2-3 weeks old they could already climb to my shoulders, and they'd snuggle inside the hood of my sweater (it was a cold March and I'd wear my hoodie in my room). I eventually became known as the chicken lady in my guild because every time I'd speak in vent, my guildies would hear the peeps XD.

Back
Top Bottom