Does this egg look fertile?

Eqcool

In the Brooder
May 20, 2020
I know it's not great picture quality. The only reason I care is because the hen that laid this keeps disappearing and I think she may be sitting on eggs in the woods. If they are fertile I will leave her be, but if it's not I want to make sure I find them so that she doesn't continue to sit on them. We do have roosters, but I thought they were too young to fertilize eggs yet. 20200617_052954.jpg 20200617_053212.jpg

Looks fertile to me 🙂. I would try and move her into a safer location if she is sitting on a nest in the woods.
Well here's the thing... I don't have a clue where she is.
And we got her when she was already grown and she will not let any of us anywhere near her. I think if we approached her she might run off and not come back to the eggs.

Found the hen and her eggs. She is up getting some water and a dirt bath right now. She has been in a totally different spot than what I thought. 11 eggs! Who knows how many are still viable though. 21 days from when she first started disappearing is this Friday! 20200628_142958.jpg

And now pipping! We're going out of town tomorrow :barnie So I guess we'll just let nature run its course. Mom has done perfectly until now (even through dog drama) and I trust she will be mama hen until we get back and can put them in an enclosure together.

Back
Top Bottom