Does this help anyone els?

SilverStar

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
california
When i am in a bad mood or am feeling upset, i always go out to the yard to see my "girls" (Chickens). they always make me feel better and they take my mind of the strees and the strains of the day. i just love my girls! here are a few pictures of some of them. The others were too camera shy.

This is Ruby our white Leghorn. She is boss around here. LOL! I love her to pieces. She always talkes to me when i approach her.
30331_fam_pictures_472.jpg

This is Butters, my mother in law named her. Not quite sure i like the name yet but i will give it a test run. Butters is a Buff O and we think she may be a Rooster. No signs of crowing yet. We will see.
30331_fam_pictures_466.jpg

This is butters again with Pixie, our Gold Sexlink, and Cocao Puff, our Rhode Island Red.
30331_fam_pictures_468.jpg

Here are our 2 Polish. The one on the left is Vanna, and the one on the right is Lacey.
Ther are new to the coop so they are in a cage for now until the other hens warm up to them

30331_fam_pictures_470.jpg

This is my one and only Astrolorp.Her name is Lilah. She is such a show off. I want to get a few more of her breed but since i am already waiting for an order of 2 more chicks, my husband won't let me for a while.
30331_fam_pictures_463.jpg

Ruby again

30331_fam_pictures_464.jpg

Here are my 2 Ameracuanas. They do not have names yet. They were very camera shy.
30331_fam_pictures_469.jpg

Here is Butters again

30331_fam_pictures_473.jpg

Last edited:
(Only use this if this is true)Tell your husband that you take care of them, not him. So since he doesnt itss more your choice
smile.png
. Just to let you know it works with my mom, hopefully it will work for your husband
big_smile.png

Beautiful birds! I only have ducks, but I love reading the chicken posts and seeing pics. When I was growing up, my mom and dad raised chickens. I only remember that they were big and red! Don't know what kind, but maybe Rhode Island reds? Anyway, as kids, we loved playing with them. Most were not real "tame" but I remember one that was and she was such a pet. She loved us and would follow us around, let us pick her up, pet her, etc. She was so cool.

Now I have ducks and I love them too.

Enjoy your chickies!

Quote:
Yes.. I am the one who takes care of them mostly but i love to do it. Maybe i will have a chat with him reguarding this. LOL!!

i can definately relate with that. anytime im having a bad day or i hate the world, i either go ouside & hang with my babies or i go to my brooder with my white rock hens & other mixed in babies. they peck at me & sit on my shoulders. Its like the best thing to just be quietly at peace with their little chirps. definately a great feelign !

When I get sad, angry, or upset about something I head straight to the Buff Orpington house. Me and the chickens seem to get along much better than me and humans most of the time.
hu.gif
When the hubby or kids can't find me.... they know that's where I'm hiding out. And yes, the chickens definitely cheer me up and seem to understand that I just needed a break from reality. Sometimes all 16 will surround me while I sit in the run or coop. Of course, it could be cause they know I'll give 'em a snack
clap.gif
I talk and they listen. It's nice not to be interrupted constantly!!

SilverStar... your Butter looks like a rooster to me! He's mighty pretty.
wink.png

When Im feeling down and out, I go to the coop and sit with the girls, makes me feel better.

I lost my favorit hen today, she died in my arms.
hit.gif

Saw a horse get hit on the road lastnight, not a very pretty site, so I sat in the coop a good long while today.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom