Does this look more like Marek’s or a vitamin deficiency?

Pics

It_is_I_Rae

Songster
Oct 30, 2019
My chicken has been doing this for the past 3 days. *I posted several different threads about it earlier but i want more opinions*. I would also like to note that she isn't splaying her legs like that anymore and she is capable of standing and some walking. Currently I'm treating her with vitamin e, selenium, and vitamin b complex pills. She hasn't really improved so far, is that normal for a vitamin deficiency? She also keeps her toes curled a lot but she is capable of uncurling them

Last edited:
My chicken has been doing this for the past 3 days. I posted several different threads about it earlier but i want more opinions. I would also like to note that she isn't splaying her legs like that anymore and she is capable of standing and some walking. Currently I'm treating her with vitamin e, selenium, and vitamin b complex pills. She hasn't really improved so far, is that normal for a vitamin deficiency? She also keeps her toes curled a lot but she is capable of uncurling them
She also stands kind of weird holding her neck a strange way (the base of it is sticking outward if that makes sense). She still eats and drinks although she isn't really excited about her regular food and only took a few pecks at it. She has a huge appetite for cat food and bread though. Also. None of my other chickens have symptoms and appear perfectly healthy.

Looks like seizures. Merek's Disease can cause seizures, & so can some types of vitamin deficiencies, brain injury, & or infection can cause this too. Heat stroke is another.
It could be any of those except heat stroke as it is wintertime where I live and the warmest it's been for a long time is 60°F

Looks like seizures. Merek's Disease can cause seizures, & so can some types of vitamin deficiencies, brain injury, & or infection can cause this too. Heat stroke is another.
Not to mention just today she started shaking her head and leg when she tried to walk (a different kind of seizure?) I haven't seen her do that in a couple hours though. She also isn't flailing around as much when she siezes anymore (is that a good thing?)

Not to mention just today she started shaking her head and leg when she tried to walk (a different kind of seizure?) I haven't seen her do that in a couple hours though. She also isn't flailing around as much when she siezes anymore (is that a good thing?)
I'm gonna wait to see what the experts have to say.

I'm gonna wait to see what the experts have to say.
That's probably a good idea, I'm sorry for bombarding you with all that information. Eggcessive did reply to one of my threads and i think they said they think it's Marek's but I don't remember. Hopefully reading about my chicken again won't be too annoying 😳

Back
Top Bottom