Does this look more like Marek’s or a vitamin deficiency?

Pics
I don't know. She seemed to be doing a little better but it may have just been my wishful thinking. It's been 3 weeks since symptoms showed up and although she's doesn't appear to be getting better she isn't getting worse either
Wait, i just remembered, her poop hasn't been as watery lately. She's been having more solid poop. Maybe I'm being too hopeful but maybe that's a good sign?

Update on my chicken: it's definitely not marek's. She is finally starting to improve after over a month of vitamins. She can now drink on her own (previously I had to hold her head back every time she took a sip or else she'd have a seizure), she's not having episodes as frequently and her poops are mostly solid. She's also back to eating regular chicken feed again, before she'd pretty much only eat treats. She's still indoors and at night I don't hear her flopping around in her cage anymore. I'm so happy, I honestly didn't think she'd make it. Should I continue the vitamins after she fully recovers or will she be okay to stop them?

Learned a lot reading this thread. How's your gal doing?
20210820_185240.jpg

Here's a picture of her I took the other day, actually :D

I'm so sorry for leaving you hanging so long, I didn't realize I never gave a final update. Thank you for caring so much, it means a lot!
I just discovered your post yesterday so, don't trip chocolate chip :)

1 week ago, today, I had euthanized my 1yr old silkie mama hen from what the vet said looked like "a classic sign of Mareks", and they sent her blood in to UC Davis for testing. I won't find out the results until tomorrow or next week. In the mean time, I have tried reading everything on the terrible disease with little to no hope.
I contacted the lady I purchased her from to let her know, in case she had it in her flock. They informed me that it might have been a deficiency.

So coming across your post was like "maybe there's hope."

I've been trying to mentally prepare for what to do if my flock has Mareks but so hard when you've got some favorites.

I don't entirely regret putting my hen down, with the best intentions and believing what the vet said but, I'm hoping that it wasn't the case.

I'm so glad that your hen made a great turn-around. Definitely think this thread had a lot of valuable advice and information that I have yet to find on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom