does this sound like a good feeding plan?

bravevline

Songster
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
soon, my pen will be built. this pen will have a chain link fence and will be roughly 200X50. in this pen, there will be roughly 30 chickens, 10 ducks, 10 geese, 6-10 bourbon red turkeys, and 4 peafowl. and 3-5 adult purebred nubian goats. in the pen, will be a barn (20X15). in the barn, i will have a feed troph and a hanging water along with a milking stand, nesting boxes, and a few small little sun pens to isolate animals (namely the goats). outside there will be a 5 gal. waterer and maybe another feed troph. i want to buy a round bale of good hay and put corn and sweet feed out for the adults and let them forage for the rest, but i dont know how much i will need. the babies will of course be separated and fed a better, higher nutrient feed (unless being raised by their parents). also, there will be a pond. a bit more than what the title asks, but how does all this sound?

Male ducks should not be kept with chickens.

IDK about the other animals with chickens.

Your goats cannot have access to the chicken feed or they will eat it all and maybe get sick, I have read.

I would research carefully first. 
Male ducks should not be kept with chickens.

IDK about the other animals with chickens.

Your goats cannot have access to the chicken feed or they will eat it all and maybe get sick, I have read.

I would research carefully first. 
in spring and summertime, they will be fed corn and hay for the adults and maybe a few oats. i still need to plan out wintertime.

Back
Top Bottom