Does this weird dog poop look worrisome?

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Hey y’all,

My 15 year old Schnoodle pooped this inside this morning:
78B57F7C-F83C-48B0-9E17-8125D1A78BD2.jpeg

Online vet chat says I don’t need to take him to the vet, just looks like he ate something weird. I’m a bit suspicious because he’s thrown up 3 times and pooped in the house at least twice since we had a talk with his vet regarding possible kidney disease two weeks ago. Does this look familiar to y’all? I’ll send a pic of what the vet chat said.

Thanks!

So the vomiting has been over the past few days or all today?

Is he on a kidney diet?

Is there a possibility he has eaten something other than his normal diet? Like outside when you aren't looking?

If he is acting normal otherwise, I would observe him. If he gets worse and breaks with diarrhea and more vomiting, I would schedule a Vet visit.

Being that he is an older boy, you want to be extra cautious with his health IMO.

I wish you and him luck!

I would let the online vet know about the vomiting and possible kidney issues too.
The texture looks a little like when my dog ate a diaper. Any chance he got into something with water absorbing crystals?
If he continues to have vomiting and diarrhea, make sure to take him in. Dogs can dehydrate fairly quickly with repeated vomiting so make sure he is drinking this weekend. Hope he feels better soon!

I would let the online vet know about the vomiting and possible kidney issues too.
The texture looks a little like when my dog ate a diaper. Any chance he got into something with water absorbing crystals?
If he continues to have vomiting and diarrhea, make sure to take him in. Dogs can dehydrate fairly quickly with repeated vomiting so make sure he is drinking this weekend. Hope he feels better soon!
That explains SO much. He wears male wraps and chewed one up last night.

Back
Top Bottom