1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does Trader Joe's sell fertilized eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs.brown, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Mrs.brown

Mrs.brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    Last week we went to Trader Joe's since I've read a cuople of threads on them having fertilized eggs but we went there and there were only cage free eggs. So is it that only this one doesn't have any or does Trader Joe not sell them any more?

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I did the same thing a long time ago. Haha! Thought I'd try it out too. But only cage free.... I am subscribing to the thread.

3. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I bought some last night at the Trader Joe's in Folsom, CA.

They had lots of cage free, white & brown, organic & white fertile eggs.

I think it depends on your individual location.

Deb

[​IMG]

4. SherrieT

SherrieT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    Those are the same ones we have here in Tucson. Whole Foods here sells brown fertile eggs. I have a dozen of each in my bator right now [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yes, Trader Joe's still sells fertile eggs, but only in certain "market areas." Definitely in many stores in California, as I have purchased them in Roseville and Davis, and I see someone else got some in Folsom. They're white eggs and hatch out White Leghorns. I have a rooster and three hens In my flock hatched from Trader Joe's eggs: TJ and his 3 identical Josies. :D

I'll have to go check out Whole Foods for some brown egg layers. :)

6. SherrieT

SherrieT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    This morning when I was turning them I noticed that one of the Whole Foods eggs was cracked. This was only it's 3rd day in so I cracked it open and I couldn't even see that it was fertilized. No "bulls eye"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by