Does TSC sell common breeds?

Yeah I don’t why it uploaded so pixelated. They 5 weeks old in this video. They are currently “enjoying” the outside today. They are in my makeshift pen I made and have been huddled together since being put out there. It’s the most room they have had their whole lives and they will barley move, LOL. I’d let them roam around the backyard if I wasn’t worried about them figuring out they can fly over the privacy fence and/or a hawk or something swooping down and snatching one of them.
Wait until next week and post individual pics. At that point we should be able to sex them for you as well as properly ID them.

They are in my makeshift pen I made and have been huddled together since being put out there. It’s the most room they have had their whole lives and they will barley move, LOL.

The outdoors is big and new and scary at first, so they huddle together and look nervously at everything. They should relax moderately soon, maybe in a few hours, or maybe after they have been outside a few more times.

:welcome :frowPictures would help. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. I had some chicks in a temporary pen next to where I was working outside. A hawk appeared out of nowhere and grabbed a chick. It happened so fast there was no time to react and the only thing I could do was to watch it fly off with my chick. From that point on I always cover the top. Good luck and have fun with your chicks...

:welcome :frowPictures would help. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. I had some chicks in a temporary pen next to where I was working outside. A hawk appeared out of nowhere and grabbed a chick. It happened so fast there was no time to react and the only thing I could do was to watch it fly off with my chick. From that point on I always cover the top. Good luck and have fun with your chicks...
Yeah, I have it covered with a shade type tarp

Not all TSC's are the same. Our store sells some common breeds but not that many. They have maybe 6 tanks for the chicks so they are limited to what they have.

Good luck with that. Our tractor supply didn’t even label most of the chicks they got this spring. I got 8 bantams and only 2 were same breed

It's common for hatcheries to offer a "bantam assortment," and I think TSC gets it regularly. They cost less per chick that way, and the customers get a choice of kinds. If you know what hatchery they got the chicks from, you can look at what bantam breeds the hatchery sells, and that can help figure out what the possibilities are.

Back
Top Bottom