Does your Roo talk to you?

mlm1965

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Maryville, TN
My one Roo Buddy that I am trying to find a new home follows me back to the house every morning.I have never really given him treats or anything like that. Trying not to get attached to him, mine are mainly pets.

When I pull up of the evenings, here he comes running. And he is making noises like he is telling me about his day! You should have seen him telling me about this great place he found to dust bathe. He actually took me to show me where it was at.

I let him free range because I felt sorry for him in a little coop by himself. He is older than the others, so he can take better care of himself. He never leaves the backyard even though it is not fenced in. I just let him get his exercise, while I am at work. When I come in I feed everyone and he goes back into his coop. Unless I am early getting off and I just let him roam until he decides to go in and go out about 7:30 and he is already up.

He sounds wonderful!
love.gif
Why are you re-homing such a lovely rooster?

I do not have enough room to have enough hens for him. If I had the money to build a bigger coop. I would probably keep him.

My silkie hen started crowing and now I have two roosters, and I like the silkie better as I had him first and he is the one I am most attached to. But Buddy tries to fight him and I do not want to lose him.

I may just keep him and put the others in the coop and run I am working on and let him roam everyday as I have been doing. He is skittish and will not let me get too close to him. But he has never offered to attack me. He is so funny and entertaing that I may keep him as well.

I do have a funny rooster like that and just love him to death, a big RIR. When I'm in the coop or run he'll come sit with me and chat or follow me around. When I sit with him and the girls in the run, or while free ranging, he will also occasionally bring me a bug! He'll lay it down and do the "look here" cluck and look at me. After a while when I don't eat it he will take it and give it to somebody who appreciates it more! Good roosters are a wonderful thing! I hope you can figure out a way to keep yours.

He is a keeper,I have 3 Roosters and 1 is great ,but the other 2 have both attacked me. I was trying to take a sick hen out of the pen, when I was attacked today. He bit my hand, and it was bleeding realy bad, and is now swollen and sore
barnie.gif
. I know he was only defending his girl, but I wont be taking my eyes of him from now on. So if you have a good one enjoy him and keep him
smile.png

If the silkie keeps biting me, he may have to find another home! LOL

The hen i have in a run thinks she is a rooster too! She will stand there with her head feathers up and stair at the one that runs around outside. she seriously needs some women friends. that will be this weekend. i am going to get two more hens. I only have a 4x4 house and that will fill it up.

Is it possible for one rooster to be happy with three hens. Well not happy but not too hard on them if you know what I mean!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom