Dog Attack AGAIN, same owner!

This isn't addressed to anyone in particular.......more to everyone in general.

For those that advocate the 3 S's........shoot - shovel - shutup.........in the event you did shoot your neighbor's dog, wouldn't it be more appropriate to own it? Just call or go see your neighbor to let them know their dead dog is on your property if they want to come get him?
Haha didn't know exactly what the shut up part meant but yes we would have told the nehbor. update for everyone: we also found out the dog he is fostering is a $3,500 race dog that he is taking care of for a freind and they might keep it for good because the freind moved ro Chicago. They never even brought up putting this one down so I never gave them that option, I will at the end of the week when he pays me the other half though. He is also moving somewhere else:yesss: never had a predator problem till he moved in, hopefully they are moving soon so I can let my guard down a little bite. Even thinking about selling them after this. His dog killed the paralyzed hen that I nursed back to health and was walking/waddling when this happend. He said 300 was steep when I was talking to him but he will pay it, he offerd to buy me new chickens but I would rather raise them myself. The only reson the price went up was because he let it happen twice your 3 year old should not be able to open doors put on some child proof locks.

This isn't addressed to anyone in particular.......more to everyone in general.

For those that advocate the 3 S's........shoot - shovel - shutup.........in the event you did shoot your neighbor's dog, wouldn't it be more appropriate to own it? Just call or go see your neighbor to let them know their dead dog is on your property if they want to come get him?

You can’t get in trouble for shooting a dog on your own property that is killing, maiming, or otherwise harassing chickens or other livestock, therefore the third S probably wasn’t relevant in this case, so I apologize for mentioning it. I would tell a neighbor I killed their damn dog for killing or maiming chickens. There are some predators where one really needs to abide by the third S if you commit the first two, nuff said.

Last edited:
Hopefully things work out for you but I'm pretty sure you can't go to someone's house to kill their dog after the fact.

You probably had the right to kill the dog as it was attacking the birds.

She can take them to small claims court and request that the dog be euthanized. At least here in NJ, its a 3 strike rule unfortunately.

Several years ago a BYC member was having a problem with a neighbor's dog. She confronted the dog's owner who insisted it wasn't his dog on her property harassing her birds. The next time it showed up on her property, she shot it with a vivid colored paintball.

So sorry this happened to you. A husky broke into our backyard several years ago and killed two hens and injured two. Irresponsible pet owners really make me angry. If you have a gun and can catch the dog in the act, it is legal to shoot it (at least in my state).

Back
Top Bottom