Dog attack at 6:30am today

Did they even OFFER to come out or did they just wash their hands of it?

Found out just last month (when neighbor's three dogs ate through other neighbor's fence and were loose) that Animal Control actually has THREE DAYS to respond in some cities... sheesh can you imagine... you've got a dog foaming at the mouth and you're told that they'll be there sometime in the next three days... this isn't in our city, guy did come out (took a while, but he did) so I'm glad of that... makes me want to check the codes in any town we think about moving too though...

Best of luck with your hunt and so sorry that irresponsible owner's caused this hurt.

Well, I hate to hear that. DARN IRRESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS! GRRRR! And you were very brave, but also lucky! Be more careful please! You could have been seriously injured.......take care of yourself!
wink.png

The dogs will be back. Don't put yourself in danger. I wouldn't recommend antifreeze; any pet could get into it, including yours and it is a horrible death. If you or your husband are going to shoot the dogs, remember that a bullet from a rifle or pistol goes really far, a mile at the least but shotgun pellets only go about 100 yards. Shotgun's a better choice with neighbors near.

If you want to have a little of protection just being out in the yard, you might keep a 'hot shot' by the back door (used to convince cattle to move along) or at least a squirt bottle of household amonia. Amonia dosen't do lasting damage; just takes their breath away if you squirt it in their face - long enough for you to get away.

Quote:
Please don't do that; it's a horrible way for a dog to die and you can just as easily poison your own animals. A bullet is much quicker and cleaner and most county laws draw a line at protecting your property and wounding/torturing animals.

i am not saying i use antifreeze i have 40acres so i always trap or shot any animals that come after any of my animals.it is true horriable way to die an maybe a bad idea.pepper spray works real well to they have some that shot real far.or a air horn dogs cant stand air horns they will run off.goodluck jim

Last edited:
Quote:
this is a good way to kill an honest driver, all kinds of crazy things could ahve happened. like your AC said, shoot 'em when they come back.

btw, we had three dogs walk up and decided to make sure no one left our house so AC was called and were here in 30 minutes. and we are in the boonies. i think she lived right up the road or something.

I agree...the driver could think you are screaming at your own dogs and try to stop and hurt himself, hurt his truck, nearby vehicles, etc.

Get the dogs "taken care of" without involving a stranger trying to do their job.

Not meant meanly, but people think those trucks are indestructible.

A well-trained pitbull can be a good pet, but most people who own them don't bother to supervise their dogs, let alone actually train them properly. I am glad you got away safely. Animal control should have been all over this, as those dogs were not afraid enough of you to run for it and stay gone. What would they do when a child confronts them?
A friend of mine had pitbulls, and one day I watched in amazement as her well-mannered dog went totally crazy, barking, snapping, carrying on as if it was going to kill the mailman. I saw the whole thing, and the mailman had done absolutely nothing to provoke the attack. Luckily there was a fence separating them. My friend came running out into the front yard and said what everyone says in cases like this "he's never done anything like this before!". She even acted suspicious, as if the mailman must have deserved the attack if her dog reacted this way. They are a dangerous breed, and they are likely to be back. Figure out your best options, of which none should be running out to confront them unarmed. Make a plan. Make a plan B and a plan C, and put all the pieces in place so that you will be safe.
It wouldn't hurt to let Animal Control know that you personally felt threatened by the dogs, and that they were ready to attack you at one point. That may change their response for any future calls.

Back
Top Bottom