1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dog attack...possible sprain??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jennn27, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Jennn27

Jennn27 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2015
    Marshall, TX
    Yesterday morning, my son's friend brought his dogs over with him, and one of them attacked two of my hens. [​IMG] One of them is fine, she was just a little spooked. But the other one is inside in a kennel. She has minor injuries on her back that I'm treating with Blue Kote and betadine. She's nibbling at her scrambled eggs. I put Sav-a-Chic electrolytes in her food and water, so she is pooping some....I don't think she is dehydrated. BUT, I did notice that she is kinda limping some now, and I didn't notice this yesterday. And one wing hangs a bit lower than they other, but it didn't feel like anything was/is broken. Maybe it is just a sprain?? As long as she is left alone, she is just chill in the kennel, so she isn't moving around too much. Anything else I need to do?

Oh, and yes I told the kid that I didn't care what he had to do, I didn't want those two dogs over here again. I wasn't mean about it; I have no problem with him...he's a good kid. I just don't want his dogs over here again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by