Dog Attack! This one is still alive. HELP.

I have done that. Unfortunately, it is heavily wooded and all the debris falls on to the netting and takes it down. I have put a yard globe out there for reflections, and several dive bomb shelters. The hawks had nest near by and were teaching their young with my chicken. I haven't had problem since. I am sure as with all predators, we will meet again.

I need to look into that because I have some Appenzellers and they are know for their ability to fly as well.

It sounds like you have had a terrible time lately. I was just reading about your raccoon issues and now this.
sad.png

Thanks for the link, Michael. I will be looking into that, especially with the new chicks. It will be easier to start doing it now.

annav410, I know I have had a lot going on chicken wise. Those raccoons make me so mad. I did get a live trap. I hope I catch the ones out for a "easy" meal. It is so frustrating. I feel worse for my solo girl. She has had it way rougher than me.

Thanks for the link, Michael. I will be looking into that, especially with the new chicks. It will be easier to start doing it now.

annav410, I know I have had a lot going on chicken wise. Those raccoons make me so mad. I did get a live trap. I hope I catch the ones out for a "easy" meal. It is so frustrating. I feel worse for my solo girl. She has had it way rougher than me.

You're welcome. Fogandcopper reminded me with his post. Racoons are bandits of the animal kingdom. They even wear masks. Cute critters that quickly lose that appeal once they massacre some birds. Fox, bobcat, and coyotes are no different. Trapping and culling is the only way to control that population. Live cage traps with attractive bait work well for me. Many folks think it is more humane to relocate them. Coons are very territorial and will kill each other. Plus, they can often become a problem to other flock owners. That is why Fish and Game has outlawed transporting and relocating them to other areas.

Back
Top Bottom