Dog attack

Salt Creek Coops

Songster
Jun 1, 2020
Hi.
A dog attacked my chickens yesterday. We were out of town. I got home today to the loss of 8 hens and a rooster. One of my girls is hurt. I don’t know what to do for her. I have cleaned her wound. I just don’t want her to suffer. They remaining few are not eating or drinking much today.

Here is a picture

Attachments

• 5E510DF9-E7EC-49C4-A0D0-93B73F7F37E2.jpeg
    5E510DF9-E7EC-49C4-A0D0-93B73F7F37E2.jpeg
    892.3 KB · Views: 8
Hello,

How deep is the wound? I can't quite tell with the feathers in the way. Also, from what I can see, it looks like you have done a great job cleaning it. Keep it up! As for the other chickens not eating or drinking much, it could be from shock. However, that may not be the case. If the temperature is high where you are, it could just be from that.
Good luck though!

Hello,

How deep is the wound? I can't quite tell with the feathers in the way. Also, from what I can see, it looks like you have done a great job cleaning it. Keep it up! As for the other chickens not eating or drinking much, it could be from shock. However, that may not be the case. If the temperature is high where you are, it could just be from that.
Good luck though!
They remaining hens are all fine now! I’m so thankful! This bird laid her first egg since the dog attack today!

Back
Top Bottom