Dog attack

Jaimes09

Songster
Sep 6, 2021
Sunday 9/11/22 some time around 9am a neighbors dog attacked my chickens. Got one of my rooster’s and shook him as you could imagine when a dog bites. Rooster fortunately survived but was not moving at all other than moving it’s neck to eat. It’s now Friday and he’s been getting up and walking. Although stumbling while doing so he’s moving. Has even come to roosting on his hens nesting box 2 nights ago. He seems too look around and his head kinda moves odd. Like back and forth. Not sure how to explain it but maybe someone else that has had this experience may understand.

How long should I expect him to take to fully recover to normal. What are some natural remedies you guys would recommend.

I really hope he recovers as I raised him since he was in an egg with an incubator but I don’t want to keep him alive just suffering for the rest of his life.

Sounds like he may slowly be recovering.

Could have suffered some internal injuries if the dog shook him.
Look him over for any wounds you may have missed, treat those with triple antibiotic ointment.

See that he's eating/drinking. Poultry vitamins that contain E and B1 would be good too.

No one knows how long it can take to recover and go back to normal. It takes time to heal. If he's making progress, then continue to offer supportive care.

Back
Top Bottom