Dog/Cat-How to get them to get along?

Exercise, exercise and then more exercise!! Sounds like your new dog has much more energy than your old dogs do and needs an outlet for draining it. My 2 dogs do fine with a 45 minute hike in the woods every day....that seems to be enough for them. They are Goldens. But every kind of dog is different!

He has been getting walked 1x a day for 30-45 minutes, and played with in the yard for 20 minutes or so..
Its just sooo cold out there right now its hard to go any longer..

On most days we plan to walk him twice.. but when my hubby is at work (as he is all night tonight), I'm alone with 2 little ones and so he only gets 1 walk today.

Do you have a doggy day care place nearby? That did wonders for my friends dog. He goes there twice a week all day and plays his heart out. And then he sleeps the whole next day!

sad.png
I know how that is right now.... Treadmill?

Sounds like the dog needs some training, discipline - and a job. He should be tired out every day - tired. Jogging, bicycling, treadmill, other activities that are fun, exciting and stimulating and get the excess energy out - not sitting staring at the local korean side dish. He should be thinking asleep is a great way to be.

Play bowing, humping, staring, chasing, these are signs of aggression as well as excess energy that is not getting directed well. The dog is showing signs of aggression, which is typical when a dog comes in a new home and starts feeling out where the boundaries are.

They are not biting and snarling, but they are aggression. Recognize them as such, punish them, no out and out aggression will develop.

Last edited:
Not sure if it is close enough by to Baltimore....but here is a link to the Canton Dog Park:

http://www.cantondogpark.org/

It's off leash so your dog can run and run. I would suggest the first time at least taking him for a walk and then going at a time where there will not be a ton of other dogs. That was you can see if he can handle it. I would also bring a ball for him to chase. That way you can keep his focus on you in case he gets crazy!

Back
Top Bottom