Dog kennel run needs better roof design

The PVC cost $38
We attached them by drilling holes through the top fence pole and attached 6.5 in bolts
We bent the bolts so the PVC would slide right in. Tomorrow we are putting a long PVC across the entire length in the top of the hops for extra support. I'll post more pic when we are finished!

The PVC cost $38
We attached them by drilling holes through the top fence pole and attached 6.5 in bolts
We bent the bolts so the PVC would slide right in. Tomorrow we are putting a long PVC across the entire length in the top of the hops for extra support. I'll post more pic when we are finished!

Curious to see how this goes, i need to do some roofs this spring/summer.. the main kennel we used wood and wooden lattice and then put wire over top.. it holds and well but honestly, that was all scraps, to do another would not be cost effective in the least.

I had been thinking lattice until I priced out how much it would take to cover ours. That idea went down the tube real quick! Post some pics if you can!

Be careful of the snow load I don't know if you get snow where you are but here in Massachusetts we get some wicked storms. This suntuff roofing has worked out great with a little persuasion the snow slides right off and lets alot of sunshine in.

So it turned out great! The tarp was nice and tight, with no water pooling.Then a wind storm came 4 nights later and ripped the whole thing off. . . . Back to the drawing board! Building a 2x4 frame and putting some tin pannels up. Biting the bullet and paying the cost I should have in the beginning ;)

How did you attach the PVC piping? I live in New England and we are currently having another snow storm and my roof has fallen in. We used a tarp that was fasten down to the chain link with bungee cords and there is a 2x4 holding up the center for run off. Well the snow/sleet caused the 2x4 to go through the tarp and now with the weight of the snow I cannot open the door.... glad I fed and watered the girls before that happened!

Maybe until you put up a real roof you could add more 2x4's and some damaged or old plywood so you don't get the sag you will probably have to clean the snow off as it piles up, might be a temporary fix.

so we have put these PVC pipes in and are going to cover them so we don't have the tarp pooling
you may want to put a support rod along the side. especially if it rains hard. It would just be building a rectangle and using the 3 way connector piece for the existing pieces and a 90 degree elbow on the corners. You may still have pooling if the tarp is loose though.

The measurements are unknown

What is your budget, reasoning is spend your money once not twice. Is their a potential varmint problem? The area over the coop should be hard covered and the rest have hardware cloth.

Back
Top Bottom