Dog killed my chickens, I killed the dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I think you were within your rights of killing the dog and I probably would have done the same thing. If it had just been scaring them or gotten just one chicken, it would be different for me, but considering the damage that it did you may have saved many future animals (including human children). Once a dog does something like this it is likely to do it again. Big HUG from your neighbor in Florida! Take your time and find the right sweet chickens to soothe your soul again.

If the dog was hungry and wanted to eat, that would have been one thing..... This dog was fat and taken care of. It did it for sport. There were 2 dogs but the other one ran away before I could get a shot on it. I had never had to shoot anything before but I would do it again to protect my birds.

Quote:
Should the dog's owner say that to you, look them square in the eyes and tell them "It was just a dog".

hugs.gif

So sorry for your loss. Sad situation all the way around.
sad.png
Lack of responsibility on the dog owners part....
somad.gif
he.gif

What bastards those people are! I am so sorry for your loss.
sad.png
Chickens are not"just chickens" they are family. I would have done the same thing you did and I hope you make them pay! I get so angry when I hear about people letting their dogs run free. There are leash laws people should follow, even out in the country! I have dogs but they are fenced in and it is electrified.

Quote:
Should the dog's owner say that to you, look them square in the eyes and tell them "It was just a dog".

hugs.gif

Ugh...you beat me to the post!!!!!

I love all animals.....but I take care of mine and they don't go out killing other pets! The dog owner should have been more responsible!!!
somad.gif
NOW we have a bunch of birds and a dog dead because of stupid irresponsible dog owners!!!!

I probably would have done the same thing. Sorry for your loss. Sorry you had to go through this.
hugs.gif

So sorry about your loss, this is exactly why I'm getting a fence on my front yard-people can be sooo inconsiderate with thier dogs. I have 8 girls 6wks old, I havent let them loose yet, but I do put them in an enclosed playpen when I'm home during the day. We have a lot of predators around so I have to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom