Dog mauled chicken - help!

hey, now it looks like the skin is being pulled back over her shoulders. All the meat on her shoulders is exposed. I sprayed her generously with iodine and blu-cote. I was too afraid to rub neosporin on the raw skin. Is there a chance she'll survive without veterinary attention?

Last edited:
Make sure you bring it inside so maggots don’t lay eggs in there try to find liquid bandaid! I’m sure she’ll be fine just keep her inside until it starts healing
She violently opposed being in a crate, and caused her comb to bleed by pushing against the top of the crate, so I put her in a separate horse trailer with two docile flock mates. She is calm now.

This is advice given by azyorous to another member who went through something similar

2EFF5FB1-9F0B-463A-A721-0A1FF66353E4.jpeg

Thank you so much!
I only have these on hand: metronidazole, tylosin, cephalexin, ciprofloxacin, lincomycin-spectromycin, or doxycycline. Will any of them work in lieu of amoxycillin?
Thank you so much!
I only have these on hand: metronidazole, tylosin, cephalexin, ciprofloxacin, lincomycin-spectromycin, or doxycycline. Will any of them work in lieu of amoxycillin?
I’m not experienced enough with antibiotics to be able to give you correct advice maybe @azygous can help.

I have just done a quick search for antibiotics that you can use and found this, so your well equipped 👍

9831B5A6-6D02-4F31-B94B-4F68FCEEA880.png

I just wouldn’t know the best one or the correct dosage.

Back
Top Bottom