Dog problems

I don't wish to upset dog owners but I too am a firm believer in the 3 S's (shoot, shovel, shut up) when it comes to a dog like the one you described here, or any other predator for that matter. You have taken reasonable precautions to protect your birds and this dog (which also sounds like a potentially dangerous dog) is coming on your property and doing damage and the owners aren't doing anything about it.

Don't know if you even glanced at the dog / e-fence thread, but that is the particular actions that were employed in the case of Old Drum. That case, and many like it are what led us to have the laws on the books that allow us to shoot dogs. And while we are legally able to do so, that also has its consequences when the owner finds out you plugged his dog. They don't see it the same way as you at all. It is how grudges and feuds start.....making life miserable for all. Go up against the wrong sort and that holds the potential to spin out of control.

Do the e-fence, dog gets zapped.....dog lives.....and doesn't come back. Problem is dealt with quietly, with no more issues. A far better solution than starting a range war by shooting your neighbors dog.

I have electric wire around all of my coops. The coyotes and fox will go up to the wire but won't touch it. This is a chick/grow-out coop.
DSCF0002124 05.jpg
DSCF0003112019 02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom