Dog with Yeast Infection in Ears... HELP!!!

I have an olde english mastiff that has cronic yeasty ears. We use a prescription, name escapes me but i will look it up tomorrow, here it is only $5 a tube and works wonders. We also use a tea tree oil cleaner and clean his ears a couple times a week with cotton swabs. We also try to pin his ears back to allow them to breathe. You can use an ear dryer like the ones for humans with swimmers ear. I have heard of the vinegar but have not tried it yet. As long as we keep up with the cleaning his ears stay pretty good.

Quote:
I 100 % agree with this. I had a beagle for 13 years. I fought ear infections all her life. We did the allergy testing and found what foods she was allergic to. Then we did testing to see what grasses she was allergic to. After that we gave her allergy shots made just for her. Bathing in oatmeal shampoo and ear cleaning helped some. We even did the surgery to open up her ear canal. It was so bad to deal with. The poor thing seemed to be allergic to everything. I'm not saying to not keep the pup, just giving you my experiences.

Quote:
Any place,drug stores ,walmarts,some grocery storse sell it, look in the section you buy medical stuff like bandaids

I know poodle and cocker people who take clamps and forceps and tweezers to get all the hair out of the ear canals. Helps keep the ears a lot cleaner and healthier.

A lot of times ear infections are caused by inhalant allergies - more so than than food allergies. You can get all kinds of stuff over the internet from vet catalogs - like otocleanse and, my favorite, Epi-Otic Advanced (.2% salicylic acid). Mometamax are ear drops that have antibiotic, steroid and fugicide all in one swell foop and is great stuff.

Maggie, our youngest, has seasonal inhalant allergy ear infections.

I have also used camphophenique, but prefer the other stuff.

I remember when I had my lab I got something from the vet and it was blue liquid-smelled like antiseptic-Id love to get that again because it worked so well-the epi-otic thing sounds familiar?? Ill lok that up too thanks Brindle
wink.png

Try this mixture. It works for my dogs:

Blue Power Ear Wash Recipe:

16 Oz. Isopropyl Alcohol

4 Tablespoons Boric Acid Powder

16 Drops Gentian Violet Solution 1%

Mix together in alcohol bottle and shake well.

Shake this solution every time you use it to mix the Boric Acid Powder.

The vinegar solution I use is half and half. If the dog can take it, I do a 2/3 vinegar to 1/3 water.
Actually what helped the most was moving from Missouri to Colorado
ya.gif

Slinky

Back
Top Bottom