doing the thermo/humidity test

temp does make a difference... i took it outside for a second and it went up a bit... wait, did it go down...? i don't member, but it moved... LOL... went inside and it fixed itself...

Quote:
If they are more than 10 degrees off the batteries are dying. Get a new one.

The temps are fine. I don't think it's the batteries. I put lithium batteries in the when I bought them and I take the batteries out when they are not being used. The batteries have not been used in anything else but the temp/hygerometer. But if after 24 hours they are still way off with the humidity, I'll try changing the batteries and trying it again. Thanks for the advice.

i brought a new one & done the salt water test & after 13 & half hrs its was at 74 but its adjustable it has a screw on the back but i didnt think i needed to alter it since it was so close i may have to next time.
it cost me $23 nz which would be about $14 us

ok...thanks. I guess I'm good to go then... I thought I had read soemwhere, like sonjab314 did...only 12 hrs. So, i got scare!

I got mine from walmart, so it's only one of those cheapies. And my hatches from last yr were not that good. But they were my first ones ever and they were shipped eggs...

So, I'm just trying to eliminate some of the things i didn't take care of back then. Because I didn't know B4 hand.
Melinda
looking for a better hatch rate!

OK. I'm clueless here. How exactly do you do this test? This will be my first time trying to hatch eggs and I need some help. My eggs are supposed to be shipped out today so I have the weekend to get ready.

Help?

A 1/2 Cup salt into
A 1/4 cup water
place the cup in a ziplock along with your thermoter/humidity thingie (technical term) for 12 hours mim. 24 hrs. better.

A perfect one should read 75 humidity. mine read 73 so, every time i read it now, i'll know it's -2 degrees off.

hope i got this right...
melinda

Back
Top Bottom