Dominecker1 Introduction Thread

Dominecker1

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
- Not new. Had them since 2006, just now getting "back into the business" after a break of a couple years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
- 5 Black Australorps, 5 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Rudd Rangers, 6 Easter Eggers, 1 g.l. wyandotte, 1 w. silkie, 1 araucana rooster. Most of these are pullets and chicks.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
- Them gathering around my legs waiting for food and treats when I come to feed them, seeing the differences in their personalities, and most of all fetching new born chicks out of a nest box.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
- Gardening, hiking, reading and studying various topics such as philosophy, history, paleobiology, anthropology and archaeology.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
- I live in rural Alabama. No other "pets" besides the chickens and a few outdoor dogs. I have experimented with guineas before but that did not go well!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
- Been lurking around the forum searching for answers about chicken raising at various times since around 2009/10. Finally creating an account now, I have a few questions about ideal rooster-hen ratios, fertility of rumpless araucana roosters (if some of their offspring don't hatch bc of lethal genes), and maximum carrying capacity of my coop and run size.

Back
Top Bottom