1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

dominiques from Cackle

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by seedcorn, Jan 28, 2008.

1. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    anyone get any? if so, could you post pictures?

2. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I ordered them from Cackle last year and they are doing Great and laying..I also got guinnies form them too and havnt had any problems with them. I got the dom's cause they have the rose combs and in this warea didnt want to lose them to frostbite. I dont have any pic's really of them as they love to run around the yard and keep busy.

3. AprilAWZ

AprilAWZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    My first Doms came from Cackle (5 years ago), and I was very pleased with them. They looked true to standard, great temperments (even the roosters were calm and gentle) and layed early and throughout the winter. Last fall, I ordered from another hatchery, and I'm not impressed with what I got. My Cackle order for this spring includes Doms to replace the 2/3 of the fall Dom order I'll have to cull.

4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Not got them yet but, I'm ordering some Dominique bantams from them later.

5. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    We ordered dominiques from Cackle last year. They were wonderful, lost none on cackles part, some do to predators, but recently sold our dominiques girls, but if I find a pic I will post it for you. We sold them since the predator seemed to only get our two roos we ordered so we couldn't breed them.

6. deeszoo

deeszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Hey Chatychick!! We are practically neighbors!! I am in Fort Scott!

DeAnna

7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I have seen dominique bantams from cackle and they are great show birds.

8. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    thanks for the comments, but come on someone show me the pictures. I'm trying to talk myself into ordering some from Cackle hatchery.

9. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Can I jump in here and ask all you Cackle-customers for comments on any of the other following breeds from them (especially temperament, and how true to breed standard)? Many thanks-
    Ameraucana/EE
    Partridge Rock
    Salmon Faverolle
    Welsummer

10. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Yep Deeszoo I was in Ft Scott yesterday...
    Yep I love Cackle hatchery as they get the chicks to you really fast and its very convienant for me also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by