Dominiques- Roosters or pullets?

Thanks. Come to think of it, I should have probably figured this out earlier, only I was so sure that my PULLETS were going to be female that it didn't even enter my mind, "hey why are they so light?" Even when they were chicks, the four were much lighter than the female, which in hindsight I realize is the way to tell the males from the females.
This was them when they were babies. Looking back, I should have known right away that I got the wrong sex when I saw how large their white spots were!
20170529_132645.jpg
20170521_155151.jpg

Thanks. Come to think of it, I should have probably figured this out earlier, only I was so sure that my PULLETS were going to be female that it didn't even enter my mind, "hey why are they so light?" Even when they were chicks, the four were much lighter than the female, which in hindsight I realize is the way to tell the males from the females.
This was them when they were babies. Looking back, I should have known right away that I got the wrong sex when I saw how large their white spots were!
View attachment 1144343 View attachment 1144344
No one would've expected 4 cockerels out of 5 in birds that were supposed to be sexed pullets and the lighter cockerel thing is something everyone learns along the way, so don't blame yourself. Blame whoever did the sexing.

Thanks. I'm still wondering how the person who's JOB IT IS TO SEX THEM could have gotten it so wrong. Their white spots should have been a blaring red light screaming "Male! Male! Male! Male!" The only thing that I can guess is that the sorter was careless, got mixed up, or thought that they were supposed to be boys, because I also ordered a shipment of male meat birds in the same order. At least I'm pretty sure I can get refunded, but it won't make up for close to the amount of money I wasted feeding four males high-quality organic food! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom