Honoraville, Alabama
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I had to post under hubby's nick Sat. after I got my dominiques,
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
. This has been a new experience, I was so excited I forgot pictures of them stayed in the coop and run with them a good portion of yesterday, Held Ms. Flighty " first one to try and fly out" about five minutes that's all she could handle
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

I am trying to be thoughtful and not scare them to much. So our names are Ms. Flighty, Ms Fatty, And Stu the roo,
lau.gif
lau.gif
. I will try to get pictures this afternoon. And for those of you who live in Alabama and would like dominiques there are two feed store's in Montgomery that have them, Flemings Feed & Seed, and Pike Road Feed Lot. I am having a blast, I have clipped wings, and cleaned the coop the morning after, we locked them in totally the first night, but last night we left their door open.
I am ranting so I will go.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Proud parent of 1 pom, 1 domin roo, and 2 domi hens, + ?

Aimie

Thanks everybody. I have had some problems being able to loggin so I finally got in to check everything today. I have gotten my first egg and I had to wait to tell you all. I am so happy
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I am going to get 5 more hens and 1 more roo. Then I will have a total of 7 hens and 2 roos. So far so good.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I have even talked hubby into thinking about goats, pigs and cows,
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif
. Then I will really need to be at home full time to take care of all the babies. i can't wait.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I will have my little farm like I always wanted.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Congratulations!

I usually have Barred Rocks in my flock, but because of a miscommunication, I thought they didn't have any barreds when I made my order. So I added a pair of Dominiques to my order, and am looking forward to them, and the other 26 babies of various breeds.

It's hard to wait, and wonderful to finally have them, isn't it? My new babies won't be here until June 9th, and I've been like a bad kid in the back seat of the car! (Are we there yet? How about now? Now?!) lol!

I'm sure we're both going to enjoy having Dominiques! Keep us posted!
smile.png

My DH says it is really cute to the big smile on my face every afternoon when I get home, checking the coop to see id I have an egg, talking to girls and tring to get them to come and eat out of my hand. He thought he would end up with the responsiblitly. He feed them yesterday morning and i must have given him and awful look, I know i gave him a few comments.
old.gif
:old But, it killed me I had looked everywhere and we decided on what the coop would like and I had talked to the older gentlemen and told him what I wanted and he had 2. I went that weekend, decided I wanted chicks and he didn't have any told me come back in 3 weeks. Next weekend I went and got my girls, and roo. I am loving it
love.gif
:love. Anticipation
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
killed me. Now I hate having to leave them every morning to come to work.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
. How can you love chickens that much, I knew I love to eat them, but not play with them.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
more babies
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom