1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

dont forget your clocks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lacyloo, Mar 8, 2008.

1. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    Good day yall
    Times changing so set your clocks, forward an hour.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Uck! We loose an hour of sleep! [​IMG]

3. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    yep I Hate it i ment the mad smilley lol

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Really? Tonight? [​IMG]

5. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Move to Arizona. We don't have it. We just go from Mountain time to Pacific time. Just messes up the tv schedule is all.

Jacie

6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I have a rant about this.

If I hear one more idiot on the tv saying how much longer the day is I'm going to scream.

The day isn't any longer. The government didn't magically change the way the sun rotates around the earth. Yes, the sun now goes down an hour later, but it comes up an hour later, too - and I don't like that! I get up in the morning to enjoy the sunrise, I don't lay around in bed until 9 or 10. It's only those people who 'gain an hour'. For me it just messes up my circadian clock. It's a PITA, and now it lasts even longer (one month each end, I think).

I love standard time. It's part of the four seasons and it's the way it should be.

[​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Yeah, Reinbeau, some people are challenged about things like that, lol!!

It takes me a week or so to get used to the time change, now my stomach will be growling at all the wrong times at work, lol!! [​IMG]

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

I set the clocks and the electricity went out from heavy winds! I pretty much wake up at the same time everyday as well...but doesn't take me too long to adjust. I like the lighter evenings....which the south has during the cold months, but not the north.

9. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I forgot about setting the clocks ahead and woke up late. Good thing I was not supposed to work today, horses got to sleep in a little bit too and not too happy about eating late.

10. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Setting the clocks is kind of a no brainer for me nowadays. The computers phones and cable box set themselves. My sons alarm clock sets itself too supposed to work off a satellite or something. The way technology is going I bet very few will have a clock they need to manually adjust in a few years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by