don't know how to answer question asked

mikfeathered

Hatching
Jun 11, 2021
hey not sure how to answer question asked on my question so here goes anyway incubator peachicks not hatched yet would like to introduce to mom peahen as soon as possible she is currently sitting on eggs hatch date in about 3 weeks now incubator eggs are due to hatch in 6 days or so, day 22 currently would like to put them with mom peahen as soon after her babies hatch of course watching very closely or should I wait until her peachicks get bigger? or would she accept older chicks as hers like chickens can be fooled in the first little while after hatching they'll look after kittens at the right moment. The incubator chicks(yes I'm counting chicks before there hatched hoping homework paying off)will be 2 weeksish when peahen due to hatch or could i fake out younger(2year old hen) with new hatches I don't think I want to try that as younger hen is sitting on her not eggs (eggs that will not be hatching there to old when she started sitting unless she layed a couple more after mom#1 started sitting I try and not disturb once she's sitting) right next to older knows what she's doing hen

Take the eggs out of the incubator now and put them under the hen with the bad eggs. Of course, take the bad eggs away at the same time. The other hen will not take hatched chicks and trying to put hatching eggs under her will make her abandon her eggs that won't hatch until later.

Back
Top Bottom