Don't know the breed.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JKnAR, Aug 10, 2016.

1. JKnAR

JKnAR New Egg

Aug 8, 2016
    Since there are a lot of people good at chicken breeds thought maybe you can help!
    I have 6 chickens. Believe 5 of them are boys! (Not the plan!) Would love to know what kinds they are though! Especially my fluffy footed one since he's my favorite and probably the one who is going to stay and not be traded!
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Looks like you're right on the genders.

The pullet is (I think ) a gold Campine.
    the fluffy young man is a bantam Cochin. His color looks mixed, it doesn't fit any recognized color. It's very striking, though, like someone dripped silver paint down on him [​IMG]

I can't see the other males well enough to be sure of breed. If you want, get better pics and I'll give it a go. Or, someone with younger eye might be able to ID them from these pics [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The all black one is a Sumatra. The Cochin is Birchen. The red cockerel looks like a Buttercup. The Campine is a pullet, and the only one. The other two could be Old English Game bantams.

4. CrazyChickns

CrazyChickns Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2016
    Southeastern PA
    I pretty much agree with Junebuggena.
    The fluffy footed looks like a silver penciled or birchen cochin roo. ADDORIBLE
    The red rooster is definitely a Buttercup. The one hen looks like a Campine. The black and white one with the most black definitely looks like Old English Game but the other does not. Not sure on that though. And the black one looks like a Sumatra roo. Those are some really neat breeds. Too bad they're almost all roos.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    sorry you only have one pullet - telling people that have multi roos, is not our favorite thing to do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by