Dont know what to do. =(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jferlisi, May 15, 2011.

1. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    So i just got a new rooster a few days ago after having to sell my two in march. [​IMG] I really want a roo to protect my girls and so my broodies can hatch babies. My dad says if they cant do it on there own then they dont need babies, cause i told him i can just buy day olds and they will accept them. Now the problem has started again. My father is threatening that hes going to get rid of my roo. [​IMG] and hes says hes ugly and looks like a crow with a long tail [​IMG], Which is NOT true, he's beautiful. He is saying that hes crowing at 5 am for like 20 minutes, yet hes the only one who wakes up to it and i dont get how since he snores louder than a train. I told him last time and i have been telling him then we need to move the coop somewhere else on the property, i mean we have 5 acres. [​IMG]. He just says no, i just dont want any rooster. Im like HELLO thats it, you dont want them, its not that they crow. I just dont know what to do. My mother says its fine, she wont let him get rid of him, but im scared hes going to kill him or sell him while im at work. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thats him, he is so beautiful.

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    He is beautiful; I hope you get to keep him!

3. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    ignore ur dad, just keep him

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  4. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    I hope thats the case. I would move the coop myself if i could but its huge.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    get some round posts and roll the coop where you want it. That is a beautiful rooster.

6. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    he is gorgeous! my dad doesn't like my roosters either, he wanted to just drop them off in th middle of the woods which is not only illegal, but pretty much a death sentence with all the owls and fishers and coyotes and 'coons around here [​IMG] i hope your dad doesn't do anything to him [​IMG]

7. flowerhippie

flowerhippie Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2011
    Is there a reason for your dad to bully you about your rooster ? I would seriously ask your dad without any anger or emotions, Why do you feel this way about this rooster. You may want to include your Mother in this conversation. Just simply let him know you are responsible to care for the number of the flock you have now, Is this a reason your dad is not happy with a rooster ? the rooster and hen's hatching chick's can become overwhelming if there are too many are you able to sell them? are you able to provide the costs that is needed to have a healthy flock ? Cost is important, because it will cost more to provide for them when your flock becomes bigger. Please consider your dads feeling too ! he may be looking into the future a little more than you are able to see right now. Good luck and I hope your family will become closer as a result of working thing out.

8. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:I would if i could but this is what i mean by its a big coop.
    [​IMG]
    and it has farm the pole run side ways not up and down.

9. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:I have asked him about it before, hes says it crows in the morning and he just doesn't want one. He is fine with hatching chicks if the hen can do it. I am fine with the cost of food and all, i can sell them and will if i get to many or i wont let them hatch any. I am looking for a rabbit hutch so i can use it as a broodie breaker. ATM my father is only caring about what he wants and everyone else has to wait.

*I asked him to help me set up my new run since he took down my old run, and he told me i have to wait till hes done with his arena and hes not even working on it so i had to do the run myself. I also lost one of my silkies and her babie because i had to go out of town so they where watching over them and since there was no run they left the coop open and something took them.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  10. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    He's a beautiful roo and I hope things settled down and you get to keep him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by