1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Don't move the tractor with the girls inside!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AmyBella, Nov 15, 2009.

1. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Oh, I am so lucky! I usually move our Catawba style tractor first thing in the morning while the birds are still upstairs locked in the coop, but I was lazy this morning and came out to do it a little while ago. Well, somebody tried to escape when I lifted it and ended up getting caught underneath the side of the tractor and having the whole thing set down on her!!! She seems perfectly fine, but I honestly thought that I killed her! I'll have to keep a close eye on her and I will never do that again!

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Oh my bless your heart. THat must have been frightening.
    Prayers for you and the hen!

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    That must've been scary. I nearly ran over a hen with my Henspa once. Fortunately she was fine. [​IMG]

4. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    They are so suprised when they get caught, i was moving my tractor and a hen thought she'd get out..only her head did! She is fine, my daughter was helping me move it and she poked her back through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by