Dont no which one to keep?

PDJTP2006

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 26, 2007
I ordered about 35 baby chicks last year from Mcmurrary Hatchery like always and I got a few boys. I decided to keep one for all my hens but im not sure who to keep. So I was wondering who you guys would pick?

Paul- Buff Orpington
Butch- Salmon Faverolle
Charlie-RIR
Jose-Speckled Sussex

I would have to say Butch is the most colorful and Im kinda leaning towards him but Charlie is the nicest guy ever im just not sure. Who would you keep? By the way Paul is the boss and kinda mean so hes probably out of the picture haha

Sure you don't want to keep 2?
smile.png

Who do your hens vote for?
smile.png

Quote:
I think the hens like the RIR the most cuz hes the nicest I might keep him and the Faverolle. Not sure yet

I have the same types of Roo's you have (and more!)
smile.png

I love them all. If I was in your position I would have a hard time picking just one to keep too. You didnt mention anything about the Speckled Sussex Roo's temperament. The Speckled Sussex Roo is one of my Fav.'s, absolutely Beautiful, great temperament and protective of his flock but still gentle at the same time.

My Salmon Fav. is a beauty too, but shy and timid around the other's. Gentle, but intimidated by the other's in the flock.

Ask this Question? What is the reason you want a Roo? Are you looking for a Roo who is protective of his flock and will guard them and look after them, but is still gentle? Do you want to get fertile egg's from your hen's so they hatch and set baby chick's?
Or are you going with look's and gentleness for a pet. Only you can decide, I think They are all beautiful looking Roo's. You could keep 2 Roo's for now with that many hen's and not have a problem.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply yea I think I made up my mind Im gunna keep the speckled sussex and the Salmon Faverolle I think If it was the hens choice they would want the Sussex. Just giving My nice RIR away will be hard hes just not the kind of rooster I want hes to much of a girl haha I mean he rather play with my digs then get ticked of at the like my Buff Orp does he almost killed my lil Chihuahua yesterday cuz she got to close. Plus I think Ill get more color out of the Faverolle sussex and when Im breed them

Hi I've got a speckled sussex Roo and he's my fav. because he treats his ladies with repect.

Back
Top Bottom