Dont say you want the eggs for your incubator? Price changes !

I don't blame people for charging more for hatching eggs if they are doing the work to try and ensure you get good eggs, no porous shells, no cracks, stored properly etc. If you want to waste your time on incubating porous, cracked, washed, refrigerated, unturned eggs then just buy any old eggs from anyone who advertises eggs for eating. If you want a better hatch rate pay a little more for hatching eggs. I have only hatched my own mix birds so far and I likely won't buy hatching eggs unless I find someone local with the birds I'm looking for. I think the eBay and other internet prices of 30 40 dollars per dozen plus another 10 for 15 shipping is ridiculous especially considering the postal services handling techniques.

If Someone is selling eggs then I'm going to surmise they have more than (12) hens, and wouldn't require much work having to gather and store eggs for several days for me. I usually get 2 dozen ( sounds like two days) of normal gathering whether for me or the frying pan.? Anyone I buy from I make sure they know 65 degrees is max temp. If they sell eggs they probably already know this and also know not to wash them. Also not much work. ( I store mine down stairs).
If I get them on second day then not a big deal that they tilted egg cartons twice a day or not with points down. Of course your Egg Sellers will say they've had to do it all to justify the $50.00 you just spent for the (6) that actually hatched, but we know the shipping is always going to be the problem if getting them online and certainly the reason they didn't all hatch.
From know on going with a reputable person here on BYC that has a bloodline that is proven or has won ribbons for show quality and correct traits.
Not Cool that Someone posts a Photo of a great looking Delaware From Google images on their Ad, and I buy eggs, hatch them and they have stripes on there Heads..... That's called barnyard MIX ! Get these a Coastal farm or Co-op for $2.99 each and save 21 days of electricity for incubating.

Back
Top Bottom