don't see my town in the list of ordinences

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by tav1, Nov 5, 2014.

1. tav1

tav1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2014
    ct.
    I don't see my town in the list of ord's here . does it mean we can't have chickens?

2. Nuggetirl

Nuggetirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I think it means no one has looked up the info. You can look up your town's municipal code/ordinances and see what their stance is. For example, my town isn't there but we have no ordinances against chickens. I just have to have their dwelling 200ft away from anyone else's house. (they don't even say no roosters, but I wno't be pushing my luck)

3. tav1

Nov 4, 2014
    ct.
    I looked and couldn't seem to find it

4. Nuggetirl

Nuggetirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Couldn't find your municipal code?
    Did you try "town name municipal code" in google? because that's always how I find mine. Takes some digging to figure out what is what (chicken are never just chicken, it's poultry, fowl, livestock, depending) but nearly every town has theirs online.

5. tav1

Nov 4, 2014
    ct.
    I actually looked at my town site and looked at our ordinance there was all kinds but nothing about raising chickens. Something about keeping wild birds and or keeping eggs but not sure it ment chickens

6. Czarben

Czarben Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2014
    Hastings, MI
    If it's not addressed by your city's ordinances then it may be at the county level.

7. tav1

Nov 4, 2014
    ct.
    Nothing in County either....maybe there not posting it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by