Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extra done, I'm getting the hang of this hooping thing, but I did kind of strain something near my right hip 😂 So I'm going to take a few days of to make that heals completely.

Since a few people have mentioned diet, and the difficulty in losing weight, I thought I'd share a bit of information. I am a Sports and Health Sciences Major, so we learn a lot about the energy pathways in the body. A lot of the information is geared towards professional athletes, but most applies to everyone.

1. Insulin is the key to accessing stored fat. If you have constantly elevated insulin your body becomes desensitized to it and it becomes less effective, like a worn down key, it can no longer open the lock every time. Insulin elevates after eating and depending on how quickly the food you eat it digested the level can vary, simple carbohydrates like processed grain and sugar raise insulin and blood sugar the most. Now the messed up part is your body can still store excess blood sugar in the form of fat or glycogen stores in your muscles. So you cannot use stored fat but you can store more. In order to reduce blood sugar and insulin when you have been in a constantly elevated state you have to stop eating long enough for your levels to come back down. Intermittent fasting is an excellent and safe way to do this, it is NOT starvation, it is the manipulation of bodily systems. This is also what the popular Keto diet is manipulating, by eliminating carbohydrates your blood sugar stays lower and over time insulin resistance improves. Eating small meals every two hours works for athletes and people who do not have insulin resistance, it will not be effective for weight loss for anyone needing to lose more than a few extra pounds

2. Weight lifting uses a different energy pathway, you can bypass the insulin issue by lifting heavy and getting into a truly anaerobic state, first your body will access the stored glycogen in your muscles, then it can access stored fats through a chemical cascade. You have to lift heavy though, light weight and high reps use aerobic processes and will remove sugar from your bloodstream, but with elevated insulin you still cannot access stored fats.

3. Calories in vs Calories out is a myth. Diet composition will have more impact than total number of calories. If it was factory made, it is not your friend. However, if you must indulge then do it as early as possible in the day and then be mindful the rest of the day, you want to give your body a chance to use all that sugar on your bloodstream so there's no extra to be stored for later.

I'll stop there because it's a lot of information, it's a bit more complex than all that but those are the important points without getting too technical.
I LOVE THIS!!

Extra done, I'm getting the hang of this hooping thing, but I did kind of strain something near my right hip 😂 So I'm going to take a few days of to make that heals completely.

Since a few people have mentioned diet, and the difficulty in losing weight, I thought I'd share a bit of information. I am a Sports and Health Sciences Major, so we learn a lot about the energy pathways in the body. A lot of the information is geared towards professional athletes, but most applies to everyone.

1. Insulin is the key to accessing stored fat. If you have constantly elevated insulin your body becomes desensitized to it and it becomes less effective, like a worn down key, it can no longer open the lock every time. Insulin elevates after eating and depending on how quickly the food you eat it digested the level can vary, simple carbohydrates like processed grain and sugar raise insulin and blood sugar the most. Now the messed up part is your body can still store excess blood sugar in the form of fat or glycogen stores in your muscles. So you cannot use stored fat but you can store more. In order to reduce blood sugar and insulin when you have been in a constantly elevated state you have to stop eating long enough for your levels to come back down. Intermittent fasting is an excellent and safe way to do this, it is NOT starvation, it is the manipulation of bodily systems. This is also what the popular Keto diet is manipulating, by eliminating carbohydrates your blood sugar stays lower and over time insulin resistance improves. Eating small meals every two hours works for athletes and people who do not have insulin resistance, it will not be effective for weight loss for anyone needing to lose more than a few extra pounds

2. Weight lifting uses a different energy pathway, you can bypass the insulin issue by lifting heavy and getting into a truly anaerobic state, first your body will access the stored glycogen in your muscles, then it can access stored fats through a chemical cascade. You have to lift heavy though, light weight and high reps use aerobic processes and will remove sugar from your bloodstream, but with elevated insulin you still cannot access stored fats.

3. Calories in vs Calories out is a myth. Diet composition will have more impact than total number of calories. If it was factory made, it is not your friend. However, if you must indulge then do it as early as possible in the day and then be mindful the rest of the day, you want to give your body a chance to use all that sugar on your bloodstream so there's no extra to be stored for later.

I'll stop there because it's a lot of information, it's a bit more complex than all that but those are the important points without getting too technical.
Great content!! I read about IF and did it for a few months. Lost about 8 pounds. I like the concept. I was doing 16:8 and my first email is eggs and avocado with a little side of tomato. I think there is some merit to letting your body rest and not always in the process of digesting food.

I don’t do it on long run days when I run in the morning. Especially on sundays when I need something in my body along with a fresh dose of estrogen. Tank is totally empty on Sunday mornings. Ran fasted once and almost passed out…🥺
Trying to figure out how to implement IF and triathlon training.

you have all helped me jump start and get back at it!! Thank you🧡💛💚💙

0579AEBD-E26A-4E83-AFE1-C133DA7703F4.jpeg

Progress!

Great content!! I read about IF and did it for a few months. Lost about 8 pounds. I like the concept. I was doing 16:8 and my first email is eggs and avocado with a little side of tomato. I think there is some merit to letting your body rest and not always in the process of digesting food.

I don’t do it on long run days when I run in the morning. Especially on sundays when I need something in my body along with a fresh dose of estrogen. Tank is totally empty on Sunday mornings. Ran fasted once and almost passed out…🥺
Trying to figure out how to implement IF and triathlon training.

you have all helped me jump start and get back at it!! Thank you🧡💛💚💙
Yes, you have to time your exercise well when you fast, heavy duty training should be done during your eating window so you you don't get hypoglycemic. Light exercise right before breaking your fast can be a great way to kick your body into self healing (autophagy). I would think with an intense training regime doing one meal a day 2 days a week (rest or active recovery days ideally) would give you all the benefits without interfering with endurance gains. Training your body to access fat for energy is ideal for endurance exercisers!
I started off with a 12:12 schedule and just went longer any day I wasn't hungry. I'd say the biggest improvement I've seen has been in my skin! I'm sure all the extra water during fasting helped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom