Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very good point, when your are guaranteed cold weather it's probably not a great indicator. I hate the heat and humidity, I grew up in Southern California and it was the best weather. I can't imagine snow in May, it's usually just starting to hit the 90s regularly for us.
I get snow in May every year. I have been snowed on, on the 4th of July.

Maybe, I'm missing something, but I read that as 18 weeks total, with 6 weeks being allotted for USPS transit time both ways. If the mail system is operating normally for other stuff, you can estimate transit time better yourself. Here, most websites warn of delays that don't actually exist, although I can see demand for passports being higher than usual.
18 + 6 pretty much means a year.
Our postal employees are grumpy and they like to take their sweet time.

I'm the exact opposite 😂.

I love the gray, the cold, the early nights and frost in the morning. If I could live where it's winter all year round I would. I love to be outside without a coat and to be able to see through the trees. I love long sleeves and tall boots, I love winter😊
Do you have a fever?

A tip on getting started....from the book Atomic Habits - the author sets a ridiculously low goal - just to get started and keep motivated. Like "I'll do ONE _______ first thing after I get up everyday"

When you meet that goal and you're right there you'll probably do more - but you don't have to. You set yourself up for success - like if your goal is walking to the front gate & back - your clothes are setting out for you to jump into them, and your shoes, socks, key, sunglasses, hat are waiting by the door.

Ridiculously small improvements daily (the atomic part of the habit you are trying to start) lead to powerful things. You can see this can be used for good or for evil by looking at some examples in society today that had their start a generation or more ago... see also chicken math!
Shizzle sticks... I put this book on hold at my library and I have completely forgot to check to see if it's come in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom