Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you….however, blood sugar issues are more complex than simply using other sweeteners. Sugar does not convert to glucose until it hits the small intestine since glucose and fructose are bound as sucrose in sugar. The liver has to work overtime to convert sugar to glucose in order to be used as energy in the body. Honey is not structured the same way. That being said….all carbs need to be converted to glucose in order for the body to use them as energy. I think the bigger problem is the amount of sugar or high fructose corn syrups in processed foods to extend shelf life and to help make the cardboard in the box taste good. It is such a challenge to eat properly when life is going so fast.

I learned a ton about how your body breaks down carbs/sugars when I worked with my nutritionist getting ready for my long distance races. Not the same as day-to-day living when you’re going 140.6 miles in 12 hours, but you really understand how the body converts calories to energy.

It really boils down to re-calibrating your body to not want to eat sugar based products. I believe it is the single worst product on the shelf today and with the AMerican Heart Assoc, saying we need to eat less fat and more diet foods. More people have suffered from obesity and diabetes in the past 35 years when the AHA went on a witch hunt against fat. Your body is comprised of fat and needs it to regulate properly. It does not however need sugar. Sugar is a drug…it is addicting…it is proven to change brain function….sorry….rant over.

I am with you @R2elk…
I'm listening to the audiobook UltraMind (by a doctor) who calls himself an accidental psychiatrist after he was trying to discover why "his brain was broken". I'm only on chapter 3? and he says the worst thing you can put in your body is high fructose corn sugar and trans (hydrogenated) fats in processed foods.

He says these things are like poison and replace the good things that make your body and brain work correctly. Example if you are eating trans fats instead of getting fish oils in your diet then the fats in your brain are like trans fats (solid, long shelf life) instead of flowing like fish oil. He contends this could account for many forms of "broken brain".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom