Doomed before we begin!

Uzuri

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
I need just the little tearing-your-hair-out smiley in the subject line :p

Bought all my stuff today. Spent two hours in Lowes. Get home and find out we bough 1" x 10"s instead of 1" x 12"s

ARGH!

barnie.gif
I don't know that I've ever completed a project where I didn't need at least 57 trips to the hardware store, no matter how prepared I thought I was when I started! Good luck!

At least you should be able to exchange them. We built a large coop and still have leftovers from some custom made roofing that was the wrong kind. No way it was the fault of the people who made the roofing, either.

My DW describes all projects as the number of trips to the store to get it done. When building my coop and run I went to Lowes so many times the lady at the front was laughing at me and knew me by first name.

Don't feel bad. DH and I have been building a house (with family and other help) for NINE years so far.
hit.gif
I've lost count of our mistakes.

DON'T feel bad.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

EVEN the pros show up with extra supplies in their trucks, because they KNOW about wrong size pieces and unexpected hardware.

Most of us here have begun without knowing *s..t* from *shinola* about building and about chickens. We just charge forward, anyway, and 'git her done'.

Goodness! Your in good company, I lost count of how many times we made repeat trips due to buying the wrong item building our coop. Sometimes, I just gave up and made do with what we brought home unless it was something that we really had to change. Good luck on your building project and hang in there.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom