Door problem **update**

Quote:
Just what I was thinking. It works great on our shed here. My coop door set up is different and WAY to heavy for anything to open. I like your suggestion on the slide bolts.

I'm going to run to the hardware store tomorrow and pick up some. I have some pvc that I can put in the ground and then slide them into the ground and lock them.

The kind I had in mind are a small sliding bolt with lever that you would mount to the inside of the door that you open second. The bolt would slide down into a small hole you drill in the floor or in your case the top of the board you have on the front to keep the litter in. This will allow you to mount the latch on the door you open first more securely and perhaps adding a second latch to it will help as well.

Almost every store I have been in has them even walmart. They come in a wide variety of sizes. The one we added to our shed is about 4 inches long and with the remounting of a better latch on the other door it is TIGHT no flex at all.

stone_family3 Check the fee section of Craig's list. I am looking for a new door to my coop, mine is also starting to rot. So I keep checking to see if Craig's list has anything I may need.

I would take one of those 2X6s (or 2X8s) and fasten it down the center of the door opening so that each of the two doors make contact with it, then screw one door closed and put a hasp on the other; or put two hasps on so each door closes and latches independent of the other.

Back
Top Bottom