1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dorking Eggs Wanted/Needed (Please?)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Omniskies, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Ok, we just got a new (used) incubator that is supposed to be able to hatch out anything you put in it, from barnyard birds to dragons. So far so good and we're wanting to tempt fate. Again.

For the umpteenth time we're wanting to try and get Dorkings. At this point any color is fine, though we prefer the colors that can be autosexed at birth (Silver Grey and Colored are the only two, I think).

Because of our absolutely horrible luck at getting Dorking eggs over the past year the cheaper the better in case there is another mishap with the post office, the wrong eggs are sent accidentally, etc.

You can reach me here or by email at omniskies at gmail dot com. Let me know what color(s) you have, when you feel comfortable with shipping them out, and how many eggs are available.

Thanks in advance. I hope everyone's enjoying their holidays so far [​IMG]

2. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    I sure wish that my Silver Grey Dorkings were laying. I will be selling hatching eggs, when they start layinhg and I test for fertility. I have included a link to the pics. of my birds. I could start a waiting list, if you are interested.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115072

Thanks,
    Dorothy

3. Omniskies

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Sounds great. I'll send you a PM.

I'm still looking for eggs a little earlier if anyone has any winter layers.

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Two of mine just started laying this week... I just fired up the incubator for a fertility test. But, it's really too cold for me to be shipping any eggs out until maybe March. If you're still looking then, please keep us in mind. We have Silver Greys, and will be adding Reds to the flock this year. [​IMG]

5. Omniskies

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Absolutely. I'm writing down names. I know that we'll be interested in a dozen eggs from a few different people so that we know we have different strains. Plus we're wanting nice short legs, so that will give us enough of a variety to pick and choose the best chicks out of each hatch [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by