Dorking

Sillystunt

Master of the Silly
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Winter Haven, FL
So i did the "what kind of chiken breed" on my pet chicken. They said, dorking, americanaus, ee's and silkies.

So i looked them up and like the dorking. i was wondering if anyone had them, if they like, and so on..Pic's as well

Do they show well?

I used to breed Dorkings back in UK. Have you got pics?
They are, or ought to be, large, slow maturing & calm. As chicks often they do not do particularly well in a mixed bunch; many breeds of chicks are far more vigorous & competitive.

Last edited:
no i saw them on a hatchery site for 6 bucks a chick. I have other chickens and was wondering if they would do well. i think if i get them i will make a seperate breeding pen for them. I see they are docile and have some RIR who are bullies. Thanks~

I just did the breed selector thing too....it's a little lacking in my opinion and not very reliable.

What breeds do YOU want? What breeds interest YOU? If you could have any bird in the world...what would you want and why?

Quote:
i want a rare breed, i love delawares and the dorkings seemed cool. I have 2 mutts, 1 RIR and a barred rock . I am hearing they might be to aggressive for dorkings. I wanted something not alot of people had a 4H.
Steering away from the reds....

We have both dorks and delaweres, both are great breeds.
Sure you might get a mean one every once in a while, those go in the stew pot.
Our red dork roo Lucas is in our layer flock he maintains order and keeps all the other roos in their place.
We haven't seen any delewars or dorks at the fairs up here yet, so were going to start showing ours this year.
One more thing to consider if you have rir and delewares you can make your own sex links.

Back
Top Bottom