Dosage for Tylan-50

birdbrain5

Songster
12 Years
Aug 2, 2010
I posted about my sick hen but havent gotten much response. I searched for threads with chickens that had the same symptoms and most people said to give them Tylan-50. How much should I give my hen? Shes a standard partridge rock. She has hiccups and her feathers are all ruffled and her eyes squint shut. I had birds with some same symptoms before that died so I think this is serious.
How much Tylan-50?
thanks

Hiccups? hmmm

Are her eyes crusty at all or just like she is sleepy?

When I have given tylan I usually just give by mouth. A rather small amount at that too. I cannot remember the cc amount but it was no more than like half a pinky nail in the smaller syringe. I am sorry I dont have the syringe on me anymore, but dont give her too much. How do her droppings look? Is she eating? Is her bottom swollen at all?

i dont notice any crust on her eyes, just sleepy like you say. she hasnt started laying yet, none of the hens in her pen have, they are pullets so i dont think she could be eggbound.
someone said gapeworm and to use fenbendazole, but all i have on me for wormer is wazine.
i dont know if i can give her tylan and wazine at the same time to cover both possibilities?

she died :( i went out and got her from the coop, went to draw up the tylan and she died in my friends arms in just that 2 minute time. i dont understand it. :(
now i just wonder if i need or should treat the others before they show signs, because apparently i was too late.

Can you get a necropsy? I am so sorry!!! Once you know what she died of then you can better treat the whole coop. Do you have any pictures of her and the coop? That might be able to help. Also did you hatch these or purchase them older?

Back
Top Bottom