Double Checking---ISA Browns?? 7 weeks

Prareedawn

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 27, 2012
I posted pics back in May when they were just little chicks. The farm store we got them had teens working there who didnt seem to know a lot and they had a few breeds and these sweet girls are supposed to be ISA browns. They are getting a bit bigger then the rhode island reds we have of the same age. So please let me know if you think they are the browns or maybe cornish and I think the other breed they had was americauna. Thanks in advance!!

This cutie the kids call Poop Neck LOL She had poop stuck in her neck fluff one time before she got a name and it stuck. Poor thing right?

Heres Poop Neck and Twinkie. Poop neck seems to be checking out the dog here LOL

And this is my little Nugget. Shes the one in my avatar pic too!

Unless your farm store got them from Townline Hatchery, in Zeeland, MI, probably not, but there's no way to know for sure.

They are indeed red sexlinks. Great birds for laying. They are a mixed bird for laying efficiently. As for being ISA Brown's , there's no way of knowing, really, for sure. People tend to throw that name around, not knowing that the ISA is a specific laying hen and Townline is the only known source, licensed to sell them in the retails space, that I am aware. If there are others, I don't know of them.

Ok thanks a lot. They might have come from there. We bought them in niles MI. That's my hometown though I currently live in Indiana. Good to know. They are awesome chicks. We love them a lot.

Just about guarranteed that they came from Townline. We have a BYC member who works at Townline and knows the deliver route. Ghulst I think his screen name is. You could PM him. Easier? Just phone the store. Ask them, "Do you guys get your chicks from Townline up in Zeeland"? If the answer is yes, then those teenage helpers were spot on and you have ISA Browns.

Last edited:
They look like red sexlink or golden comets. I'm not a pro but i have some pure breed golden comets that look very close to this. Mine are 4 - 5 months old.

Hey AJ, just thought you might wanna know. "purebreed golden comets" is an oxymoron. The Golden Comet is just another sex link. It is a mix from the get go, made intentionally by mixing a gold (Red) rooster over a silver(White) hen. Sorry. However, like most sexlinks made this way and sold under all kinds of names for marketing reasons, the bottom line is that they are great layers. Enjoy your GC.

Back
Top Bottom