Double-checking our (probably) girls

Swiftbow

Songster
5 Years
Jun 2, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
So, we have three (hopefully) pullets who will be 3 months old on the 6th. (Hatched April 6th) They are:
- Penny, easter egger
- Gabby, silver-laced wyandotte
- Freckles, speckled sussex

IMGP5130.JPG

IMGP5132.JPG

Gabby also likes to sit on my arm.
IMGP5137.JPG
IMGP5136.JPG

105575158_10157058672747687_4537476452195906310_o.jpg

I didn't get a good one of Penny tonight, as she went to bed early. Here's one of her after she jumped on my shoulders a few days ago. (I'm not really concerned about her being a pullet, though... she definitely looks like a hen.)

Try to get a better pic of penny -I see red shoulders which could indicate male. But, at 12 weeks male saddle feathers begin to make their appearance, so get a good pic from the side while Penny is standing.

SLW looks female.

SS looks likely female, but I’ve never had SS. There is a slight curve to the tail feather, but I’m not seeing pointed saddle feathers.

Try to get a better pic of penny -I see red shoulders which could indicate male. But, at 12 weeks male saddle feathers begin to make their appearance, so get a good pic from the side while Penny is standing.

SLW looks female.

SS looks likely female, but I’ve never had SS. There is a slight curve to the tail feather, but I’m not seeing pointed saddle feathers.

Here are some Penny pics from a couple days ago. The good news is, she did not find the roof particularly interesting and came back down quickly.

These aren't the best pictures of her saddle feathers. But they are very blunt. She has the shortest tail of all our chickens. She also has almost no comb at all, which is why I have not been concerned.
IMGP5145.JPG
IMGP5142.JPG
IMGP5144.JPG

I pulled a couple better shots from a video clip!
Arm Penny.jpg

Penny Saddle.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom