double R hatchery

()relics

horse/dog shrink
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
indiana
I again this year ordered from Double R hatchery in Palm Bay FL....Last year I ordered Day old chicks, don't remember the breeds leghorn I think...Completely happy...This year I ordered Turkey eggs...Incredible packaging, plenty extras, good size and color.
"Highly Recommended"

Ok...maybe not...I set 34 turkey eggs....2 different varieties designated by colored stickers on the eggs....day 14....of the 18 eggs with blue stickers 16 candeled clear...2 no sticker candeled clear of the 16 set...same incubators...same everything...this isn't the first set eggs I've ever incubated....all the viable eggs look like they are developing normally. This would lead me to believe that the blue stickered eggs were shipped at a low fertility rate.....Anyway I contacted Double R hatchery and told them the problem....I really don't want anything for free and was willing to just accept a reshippment at a discount....They responded with a disclaimer from their order page stating" they aren't responsible for the viablity of their hatching eggs and if for some reason they don't hatch it was because of something that you did wrong"...more or less "sorry about your bad luck"...no offer to refund or reship...kind of odd one batch of eggs develop and another batch shows clear......I think they were unhatchable when they were sent....well I guess hatchable at an 11% rate(2/18)....I would like to retract my previous compliment.....This is an eggbid seller....

ordered chicks from them last october......they got the order wrong...they sent me more chicks and they were still the wrong ones.....i will never order chicks from them again... they are a middle man with a hatchery in new mexico...i learned my lesson and i will order direct from hatchery from now on.

I also found out too late that they are nothing more than middle men...They told me they were not the hatchery and therefore were not to blame...any credit or refund, they say, will come from the hatchery not them....so essentually they take in the money but someone else is responsible to refund it....I told them with a business plan like that they wouldn't be in business for long....they didn't care what I thought....Another expensive lesson but worse it left my son without turkey eggs that were to be his 4H project....again they didn't care but would gladly sell me some more and get them shipped asap....Seriously...are you kidding me?
What a sorry level some people in this country have stooped to trying to make a buck.

No problems....we bought some turkey poults from a breeder...Who wants hatchery stock anyway....BTW...the breeder, when he found out that the birds were going to be for a 4H project, cut the price in half and doubled the amount of birds....

Back
Top Bottom