Double yolk Goose egg

MamaGoose95

Hatching
Apr 7, 2024
Hey everyone!! Goose experts !?

I have a double yolk egg. One yolk developed, the other showed no signs of life. it's Day 27 today and on lockdown. I honestly didn't expect it to survive. I expected the yolk to go rotten and kill the live embryo, but that's not the case.
So now my question is ....what problems might I run into for hatching ? Having an extra yolk in there...and the egg being extra large. Has anyone had this happen before? I had people tell me this isn't a double yolker, however I had another egg that looked identical that did not develop at all, cracked it and it was indeed a double yolk .
1000021369.png

This is new for me! If no one else chimes in you might be the first to have an egg like this. All I can guess at is you might end up having to assist the hatch, which is tricky to determine because in normal cases geese take a few days to hatch once they’ve begun the process. Definitely make sure the gosling has an air hole if it seems like it’s taking too long.

This is new for me! If no one else chimes in you might be the first to have an egg like this. All I can guess at is you might end up having to assist the hatch, which is tricky to determine because in normal cases geese take a few days to hatch once they’ve begun the process. Definitely make sure the gosling has an air hole if it seems like it’s taking too long.
Thank you for your response!! My other eggs have all externally pipped or hatched now already! This poor big egg doesn't have a pip so I don't have high hopes :( I'm leaving it in a little longer just to be safe. I read that you shouldn't make an air hole unless the egg has pipped ? Is this true ?

Thank you for your response!! My other eggs have all externally pipped or hatched now already! This poor big egg doesn't have a pip so I don't have high hopes :( I'm leaving it in a little longer just to be safe. I read that you shouldn't make an air hole unless the egg has pipped ? Is this true ?
Is there signs it’s internally pipped?

Back
Top Bottom