doz eggs and QUESTION

florida lee

Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
Morriston,fl
Just finished filling up my first egg carton......my pullets have laid 12 eggs.....the small beige/brown eggs are from my RIR and one of my Australorps. my pullets have been laying about 10 days. the biege/brown eggs are about 2" long and 1" wide. the green egg is about twice that size.

85475_imgp1182.jpg

The large green egg came from a pullet I bought last Saturday at a swap. they said she had begun to lay, but her eggs ( got two - one in the box on the way home) are much larger than my pullets so she must have been laying for a while. She is supposed to be a Cochin/Americana cross but she does not have puffs or colored legs, she does have feathered feet.

How long before the pullets that are laying will lay eggs at least the size of the green one?

Wish I knew - Mine have been laying since the 8th of august and I have only gotten 1 egg that was larger than 1.75 oz's. I only have 1 of the 4 that are laying at that size and she has been laying the same size egg since day one. All the others lay 1.5 oz or smaller and have not gotten any bigger. I had always heard they got larger as they layed more but it has been a month with the same size eggs.

I have 2 BR, 1 EE and 1 Brahma laying.

My other EE and other Brahma have not even started to lay yet and they are 26 weeks old today!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom