Dr.Pol suggests...?!?!?!?

Hwlchickmama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 12, 2011
On the show "the incredible Dr.Pol" he suggests deworming a goose with an oral liquid and putting LYE in the house n run.... My oldest girls are 3 and I have new pulet/new layers I have never wormed and I'm thinking I should. Any suggestions?!?!?!

If you've ever watched the show you'd know he has a VERRY heavy accent... Soooo he may have meant Lyme.... :-/

On the show "the incredible Dr.Pol" he suggests deworming a goose with an oral liquid and putting LYE in the house n run.... My oldest girls are 3 and I have new pulet/new layers I have never wormed and I'm thinking I should. Any suggestions?!?!?!
I did see that episode and I believe he was referring to lime which is a product of limestone. You wouldn't want to put down lye. And yes, it is a good idea to deworm your birds. Valbazen and liquid Safeguard for goats are very good products to use on chickens.

I did see that episode and I believe he was referring to lime which is a product of limestone.  You wouldn't want to put down lye.  And yes, it is a good idea to deworm your birds.  Valbazen and liquid Safeguard for goats are very good products to use on chickens.

Hahahahaha that would make sense... Went to the feed store today they didnt have Valbazen so i got what they had "wazzen 17" after reding the bottle multi times at the store (prolly shoulda had my glasses on) but read it again when I got home and it said NOT FOR HENS PRODUCING EGGS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION!!!!!! EEEEK WHHHHHAAAAAT!?!?!?!? My customers would NOT be happy about that!!!

Hahahahaha that would make sense... Went to the feed store today they didnt have Valbazen so i got what they had "wazzen 17" after reding the bottle multi times at the store (prolly shoulda had my glasses on) but read it again when I got home and it said NOT FOR HENS PRODUCING EGGS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION!!!!!! EEEEK WHHHHHAAAAAT!?!?!?!? My customers would NOT be happy about that!!!
There is a withdrawal period for most, but not all, meds used as dewormers. The drawback with Wazine is that all it gets rid of is roundworms and hickens can get a lot more then that. So it's pretty ineffective as a wormer. You can use the Wazine for the initial treatment and then follow up in 10 days with something more effective like the Safeguard or Valbazen. You will need to discard eggs for 10 days after the last treatment.

Back
Top Bottom